Thursday 10 May 2012

Beautiful Russia

St Petersburg

Oh wow what culture shock at first, hardly anyone speaks English so my first day on my own was a big challenge, they had sent my luggage to Switzerland (yes switzerland do you believe it LOL). But thank the Lord I had packed for about 2-3 days of clothes in my hand luggage, preparing for the cold.

St Petersburg is beautiful, full of beautiful churches,

Yes that is me flying through the air!!!


Beautiful Canals and Rivers everywhere,

Great meals with new friends (Michael a fellow Aussie)

Full of Military, I was there for Victory day, when Russia displays its might

Military ship!

Beautiful Ballet
Palaces that blow your mind!

St Peterov Summer palace except it wasnt summer, it was freezing (for me anyway, on my defense everyone else was freezing) I think I suit the Russian look dont you think!!!
Fountains at the palace!

Incredibly cute furry squirrel who was eating some of my fruit and nut, too cute, I wanted to pack him in my bag, but Russian customs wouldnt be happy :( (especially since I had the interrogation of a life time to get my luggage back that they lost, oh so much fun, expensive fun LOL).

Brilliant food with new friends from the tour Shelia, Tony (England) and Michael (fellow Aussie)
Borsh Soup rather good on a freezing day!!!

Spill the blood church Insanely beautiful inside and out

I went to a brilliant cossack and Russian dancing show, I just loved it and wanted to join them :)

 More Military Might  being displayed as Victory day approaches!!!

St Petersburg has a vibe and character all of its own a brilliant place to visit



 

No comments:

Post a Comment