Thursday 19 April 2012

Kauai What a Beautiful Island

Sunday 15th April
I found a church to visit called  Jesus Saves Mission, it was quite far away but i decided to walk thinking it would be a great way to see Kapaa the wonderful town I'm staying in. It was quite a walk and the sun was out and its humid, so by the time I had arrived about 45minutes walk, I was sweating and gross, but they didn't care. I was welcomed in and they put me up the front and got out their ukulele's and sang me a welcome song and everyone came up and introduced themselves to me and they put a beautiful ribbon lei on me, I felt like i was being welcomed in by my family. Now I have definitely never experienced anything like this. They invited me to lunch and gave me a lift home.

Kanui the most beautiful lady
 Monday 16th April
I went on a river cruise to the fern grotto, the grotto wasn't too exciting as a hurricane had taken alot of it out but the entertainment was authentic Hawaiian song and dance as we cruised along the river, a real treat! Then I relaxed by the pool for the arvo mmmmmmmm.
 Me at the grotto!

Tuesday 17th April
Helicopter ride around Kauai whhooo what fun, it was a bit turbulent flying around massive mountains, so I had hold of the sick bag a couple of times but luckily it was a false alarm.
What sights!!!

Crazy Charmaine ready to fly!!!!
 Canyons we even flew in to a crater, oh the turbulence was a bit feisty...
 Napali Coast OOHHHHH SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!
I had fish tacos for lunch what an experience mmmm  mmmmm
 Nothing like chilling out in the spa!!
Wednesday 18th April
The bible says ask and you shall receive, I really wanted to drive around the island and see the North part of the island, so I asked my beautiful Jesus and what do you know I met a wonderful couple John and Dee who invited me to go out with them in their rental car for the day and cruise the North shore.

This lighthouse this is a sanctuary for all types of birds
I always wanted to be a mermaid!

The famous Nepali Coast in the background, I think I need to pinch myself I'm actually here its not a dream!!
We found two extinct lava tubes/ caves they are just on the side of the road and they are huge!

Now I can leave Kauai satisfied I found a monk seal these little guys are endangered only 40 on the island and 900 left in the world, so this was a rare sight. So cute I wanted to take one home in my suitcase.


An End to another day and what a day my last full day on this beautiful tropical paradise, thanks God!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What an adventure my friend!! How fun :-)
    Love the pics too xoxo

    ReplyDelete